We've tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Nexxle so whether you are new to Nexxle or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices - and if you have any questions contact us.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information We Collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us. Depending on the login method you use, this includes your Nexxle username, email, third party account id, and Nexxle account password.
- Information we get from your use of Nexxle. This includes information about when you use Nexxle and which features of Nexxle that you use.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Nexxle, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Nexxle Account.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Nexxle service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our service and to protect Nexxle and our users.
If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Nexxle, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Nexxle processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Nexxle unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Nexxle when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Nexxle if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Nexxle, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect Nexxle and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt communications using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Nexxle employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities